Employment Law Counseling, Advice, and Training
The firm provides counseling, advice, and training to employers regarding proactive measures for avoiding liability under the host of laws and regulations impacting the workplace. Smith & Downey assists clients in compliance with all federal, state, and local laws impacting employment relationships, including:
- Fair Labor Standards Act (“FLSA”)
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”) and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008 (“ADAAA”)
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (“ADEA”)
- Equal Pay Act (“EPA”)
- Pregnancy Discrimination Act (“PDA”)
- National Labor Relations Act (“NLRA”)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (“FMLA”)
- Executive Order 11246
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (“USERRA”)
- Fair Credit Reporting Act.
To further assist its clients in understanding the complex laws governing the workplace, the firm periodically offers free seminars addressing important developments in labor and employment law.